Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What would you pay for 1000 random books?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What would you pay for 1000 random books?

With the intent to resell (Assuming they are mostly in acceptable or like new condition). Seller wants $300. Seems steep. I'm new to the game but on my first time out scanning, I found about 4 books out of 100 or so worth buying. I will say however that those books have far exceeded my $12 minimum for reselling. Just curious to hear some opinions. What would you pay?

Lets see.. $300 for 1000 books, that puts you at 0.30 per unit.. Now you are correct, going through tons of books and only finding a few worth sending in.. What I would do is haggle with the seller, start at $50 bucks! Most cases people just want to get rid of the books..

Tell them, "I can do $50 and I will come pick them up" if all else fails they will counter offer and will be cheaper then the $300 they want.. If they are firm on the $300 I would personally have to scan some of the books knowing I will profit.. I wouldn't want to risk $300 not knowing all the hard work in processing just to break even or make a couple dollars..
    Be the change you want to be!

Comment

Yeah. I gave it a shot. He isn't budging. He is under the impression that I would make a massive profit and can't be told otherwise, which is my experience with pretty much any of the craigslist sellers I've encountered so far. There is another girl selling 333 books who wants $5 for every one of them. Ha.

Comment

If you have not already, post a local CL ad, explain how you will come pick up unwanted books.. You will get more people wanting to get rid of their books cheaper, just to get them out of the house!

Be the change you want to be!

Comment

You diffidently want books for under a dollar, unless your just scanning away and stumble on a golden nugget

Comment

The business with the books it is not easy. It takes a lot of storage and most of the books are not worth to do a FBA. You can still do FM but most of the time it is not worth it unless you have more than 10k pc. Put it this way. you sell 10 books a day at $5 a pc. after paying shipping, boxes, labels and labor you got $10-20. If you asking me it is not worth it all the work. Better go to a local college and ask to buy unwanted books after the semester is over. The best bang for the money is library sale. Most of the city / county library will have a sale once a year. If you sign to be a friend of that particular library they may let you at pre-sale date. Go for the school/ college/ university books. I made some good honey last year.

Comment

Working...
            X